Friday, May 30, 2008

Do you have one too?

Anthony has just come to the adorable, yet sometimes embarrassing, realization that everyone has a belly-button. Perhaps it's my fault, as I took the liberty of giving an impromptu anatomy lesson earlier this week while he was eating lunch.

Anthony: *points to his belly button*
Me: "Yea Bud, that's a belly-button. Mommy has one too."
Anthony: *pulls up his shirt and points to his belly-button* "An-ny."
Anthony: *leans over and pulls up MY shirt and points* "Mama."
Me: "Yep, that's right!"

I thought it was cute.

However, this next incident occurred yesterday while we were entering the grocery store, Anthony in the shopping cart and me pushing him into the store.

Anthony: *pulls up his shirt and points to his belly-button* "An-ny."
(Can you guess what he did next?)
Anthony: *pulls up MY shirt and points* "Mama."
(Yep.)

I could have died. Who knows what other people thought. Luckily there weren't too many witnesses and the act of pulling up my shirt didn't expose anything too inappropriate, but still, c'mon - Mama enjoys her privacy.

Gotta love the insatiable yearning for knowledge!

No comments: