Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Good Night, Sleep Tight

It is 10:35pm and I should absolutely be in bed right now. Mark is. Anthony is. They both have been for a couple of hours now. Mark is catching up on some much-needed sleep since Dan was in town the last 3 nights and those two have a blast spending time together that it's just hard to call it a night, even on a school night. But, I digress...

I just wanted to take a minute to write this down. Fortunately Anthony's fever dissipated overnight last night. But, he still isn't himself. I took him to the pediatrician today, who said that he may just have a virus. His ears look fine, but his throat is really red. Negative strep test though, so I'm thankful for that. So we basically play the waiting game and hope that the fever doesn't return and that Anthony keeps getting better so he can properly enjoy life to the fullest like his normal self usually does.

In the meantime, we are enduring lots of crankiness and occasional episodes of waking up during the night, just wanting to be held. One of those episodes took place a couple of hours ago. As I went to scoop him up to sit and rock with him for a bit before putting him back down in his crib, he held onto my neck and asked, "Mama?" I replied, "Yes, sweet boy, Mama's here." He kept his arms around my neck, nuzzled into it, curled his knees into his chest, and fell asleep with in a matter of a minute or two.

Now, I know this may sound corny, but I actually got teary, just sitting there holding him. Right then I realized that I needed that moment with him just as much as he needed that moment with me. Thank you for indulging me, my sweet Budly.

I just hope you feel better soon. Mama loves you, sweet boy. Good night.

No comments: