Monday, May 5, 2008

Chincoteague

This past weekend was a blast. Mark, Anthony, and I packed up the camper and drove down to Chincoteague - one of our favorite camping spots - to officially kick off spring/summer. Although I have genuinely enjoyed myself over the course of the last several weekends, they took a lot of energy out of me (physically, mentally, and emotionally) so it was so incredibly nice to get away and relax...just the three of us...our little family.

We always have a good time in Chincoteague. It is so laid-back there and provides a much-needed respite from the daily hubbub we get at home. And, it gives us the opportunity to spend quality time together. No phones (okay, so cell phones do work there), no email (okay, so I'm guilty of checking my email via my phone), no television. And the best part - so not commercial. The weather was perfect; it only rained Saturday night when we slept and was sunny in the morning. We got to go to the beach, go on a nice long bike ride, take Anthony to the camp playground, drink beer around the campfire after Anthony went to bed, and just enjoy each others' company.

I will let the pictures tell the story of our weekend, but there's one conversation that took place while we were on our bike ride Saturday morning that I feel the need to record for posterity's sake.

Mark: Awesome, did you see the pair of cardinals over there?
Dina: No.
Mark: They're probably about to do it.

Yes folks, that coming from my (almost) 36-year old husband. I almost fell off my bike laughing. Maybe it's the way he said it or the fact that I totally wasn't expecting that sort of comment, but it was so freakin' funny!

Okay, now on to the pictures. And no, it is not an optical illusion, my friends. Part of Anthony's right eyebrow is indeed missing in the last picture. Long story, but the short version: he put a gash in his eyebrow, got it patched up with Dermabond, Dermabond fell off taking Anthony's eyebrow with it. Side note: since we got back yesterday evening, the rest of the Dermabond has come off...you guessed it...taking the rest of the left side of his eyebrow. Gotta love little boys.









1 comment:

Megz said...

I love the cardinal comment! SO Lewin. So Lewin...

Loved the pictures...what a great time you guys had--definitely memory making!
Just wish we could've been with you!
Good for you guys for taking time away just as a family...so important and hard to do sometimes!
Anthony is hilarious in the picture with his books...love the little dude.