Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

THE GOOD:
It is 10:45am and I have already been to the gym, showered, vacuumed the house, put away some laundry, and mowed the lawn. Now I can sit back, blog, and read my book. Which, by the way, is so good. I recommend The Audacity of Hope to everyone. I just started it last night, but am already really enjoying it.

THE BAD:
I was/am able to get all of this done because Anthony spiked a fever this morning and is currently napping, after getting a dose of Tylenol. Poor little dude. I could just tell something wasn't right. We were planning on going to the library this morning for a play date and for story time/singing, but I noticed he felt hot when I went to put his shoes on. That, plus he was literally just laying on the couch with his "meemee" (blankie), sucking his thumb while I was vacuuming. Very odd for him; he usually likes to "help." I decided to take his temperature and discovered that he was running a fever of 101.8. He was fine last night. I'm blaming it on the nursery at the gym. I took him yesterday morning and who knows what germs he undoubtedly put in his mouth. I hope he feels better after his nap. He is supposed to go to swim "class" this evening with Daddy and he loves swim class.

THE really UGLY:
My feet. They are green. And they are green because it is such a gorgeous day today - sunny, breezy, mid 60s right now - that I completely forgot to put my old "lawn mowing sneakers" on before I headed outside. Instead, I had my flip-flops on while I was mowing. Hey, at least I have a nice pedicure to go with it.

Oh and one last thing. I HATE pollen. Stuffy nose, itchy throat, really the only drawback to spring.

1 comment:

Megz said...

Wow.
Color me impressed.
And seriously envious of your ability to get that much done AND have personal leisure time...I know not of what you speak.

Sorry Anthony's not feelin well!