Thursday, May 22, 2008

How 'bout a random list?

* Yea, that post I was going to post today...not going to happen. I am too tired and totally not feeling like posting anything that requires a lot of thought. I know, I'm totally building this up, right? It really isn't that exciting. Just something that's been on my mind lately and I'm hoping that by writing about it, I will come to some sort of peace with myself and a new found motivation that I am desperately seeking.

* I spent all morning with my mom, taking her to the doctor, taking her to get prescriptions filled - she did something to her back yesterday and was diagnosed with sciatica this morning. Not fun. Feel better soon Mom!

* I love love love watching my siblings interact with Anthony, but there is something so differently special about watching my brother interact with him. Maybe it's because my dad didn't live long enough to meet Anthony, so Tarek is the only male in my immediate family that has that guy-guy relationship with him. Maybe it's because Tarek does such a good job of delicately balancing the compassion and the task of making sure Anthony is safe with the rough-housing and carefreeness that comes with being a boy. Whatever the reason, it melts my heart to see Tarek whisk Anthony away to do something (this morning it was giving him a "tour" of the doctor's office where he works and where we took Mom, coming back with cookie in hand)...and know in my heart of hearts that Tarek does those things because he genuinely wants to. He's so good at it. And it is so obvious that Anthony just adores him.

* I am really tired today.

* I am hoping that taking a nap at Grandma's house proves successful for Anthony this afternoon. As I type this, he is still jumping up and down in his pack-n-play upstairs.

* I am looking forward to going to the Improv tonight in D.C. with Mark for Date Night. Bring on the "2 drink minimum" - I need it today.

* I am hungry, but nothing sounds good for lunch. Does this happen to anyone else? It's really annoying.

* I am so psyched about the weather we're having today and the forecast for the entire Memorial Day weekend. Sunny, breezy, dry, 70s-80s. Perfect.

* I am very excited about all of our plans for this long weekend, which include 2 BBQs, a day at the wineries with friends on Sunday, & dinner out with good friends tomorrow night...without kiddos...and a FREE babysitter! And with all the gorgeous weather in the forecast, atleast 2 family bike rides around Arlington and D.C. Fun fun fun!!!

* I think Anthony is finally napping. So, I am going to go read my book and contemplate what to have for lunch.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I really appreciate how gracious you were about coming to the rescue this morning, Dina. Thank you so much! Between you and Tarek being here for me last night and today, and the calls from Laura and Rhonda today, I feel like I'm such a lucky mom, despite my case of sciatica. In general, life is definitely good! XXXOOO