Friday, June 27, 2008

Keepin' It Real...

So Anthony, this morning I left you downstairs and told you that Mommy had to go potty and that I'd be right back. But, I left the gate to the upstairs open because I know that sometimes you just like being wherever Mommy (or Daddy, for that matter) is. And in true fashion, as I'm sitting on the toilet trying to take a peaceful, private #2 - we're keeping it real, people, remember?! - in you walk, with two of your cars. You go on to tell me that the "neen vroom" (green car) is for Mama (although on some occasions these days, "mama" comes out more like, "muma," but that's beside the point...) and the "reed vroom" is for An-ny. So what do I do? I put on my Mom Hat and decide that at that particular moment in time, I can multi-task it - I bend down and play Crash (a game you invented and LOVE!) with you. Now that's love. :)

**********
As I was making dinner last night, Anthony was engrossed in his books and was reading them aloud, as he so often does. While I was in the process of cutting up chives, I heard this, "Mmmm-mmm! Ba-ba (broccoli) mmmm-mmm! Tee-tee (cookie) mmmm-mmm! Meeme (milk) mmmm-mmm!..." So I look over at him and he's thumbing through "My Little Word Book," in which each page is dedicated to a certain group of things - e.g., farm animals, transportation, clothing, etc. The page that Anthony happened to be reading was the food page - big surprise, I know. So I decided that I had to get it on video:

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I absolutely LOVE the way he's saying "Mmmm-mmmm!" So cute! Jacob came over to the computer as I was watching your video, and kept leaning closer to the screen, saying, "Hi!" His "Hi" kept getting progressively louder since Anthony was not responding. Then he said, "I wanna see that boy!" So tell Anthony that Jacob says hi. :)
Lauren

Megz said...

Love that boy!!!
I have a list in my head (should blog it, seriously) of all the amazing feats I've accomplished whilst on the throne.

1) Breastfeeding
2) Singing Old McDonald to 2 dancing toddlers
3) Read books aloud
4) Held crying 1yr old from 3yr old who pushed him

The list goes on...wanna add some?

Hope you guys are well! That little dude gets cuter every day. Give him kisses for me!

Megz said...

Ok.
Where ARE you??????