Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Taking A Break

This summer has been so incredibly full of fun things going on, some big some not so big, that I just haven't wanted to take the time to blog. Of course I know I'll regret it, as I'm not taking the time to record all of the fun memories that are being made and, as a result, may be forgotten down the road. However, I have been spending my time trying to live in the moment, taking it all in - something I don't do nearly as much as I'd like. And when I do find myself having extra "me time," I've consciously chosen to use it doing other things besides blogging - like reading, giving myself pedicures, surfing the web, getting stuff done around the house, etc.

So until I feel more like recording and rehashing daily life amongst the Lewins, here, in pictures (and video!), is some of what we've been up to these last couple 'o weeks...

enjoying a much needed visit from my best friend, Michele - lots of quality time, lots of girl time, lots of good talks, lots of wine, lots of catching up, LOTS of fun - love you, Shell


a fantastic 4th of July BBQ on Bolling AFB with good friends and a view of the D.C. fireworks from an upstairs bedroom - no crowds, no traffic, no humidity, a king-sized bed to crash on, and a wine glass that managed to stay full throughout the evening...



having fun pulling around and taking rides around the neighborhood in our wagon (yes, our wagon WAS pretty ghetto - note Mark's solution to the broken door lock - we have since ordered a new lock and all is fixed...and oh yea, Anthony IS in his jammies)



having fun playing with Mama's jewelry



numerous playdates with Jade




traveling to Pensacola Beach, FL for our friends' wedding - Anthony was the ring bearer and did a fantastic job, despite all the changes in routine/schedule - and getting to spend some quality family time together


We got back from Pensacola yesterday. Now I must frantically go finish doing laundry and getting things ready for my 4-day Girls' Trip to Seattle. I leave on Thursday and come back on Sunday. Mark will be taking Anthony camping while I'm gone. If you are reading this and you are a mother, you understand the daunting task I have ahead of me in trying to plan and prepare and anticipate all that will be needed during my absence. It will be well-worth it though - for all 3 of us! Bring it!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Dina--so glad you are back!!! Sounds like you are having a fabulous summer---Have a wonderful girls trip to Seattle--always crazy to leave...but oh so worth it for everyone involved!