Monday, July 28, 2008

Seattle or Bust

Below are some pictures of my much-anticipated, all girls, 4-day, Seattle weekend with my friends Courtney and Karen:







That's right, good guess. I never made it to Seattle. LONG (let me point out that this is a mere understatement) story short, we were supposed to fly out of Baltimore early Thursday morning, fly straight to Seattle, and have the better part of 4 days to live out the carefully planned itinerary we crafted before leaving. But, Mother Nature threw us a curve-ball Wednesday night that f'ed up EVERYthing at the airport the following morning. Lucky us. We missed our original flight, even though we got up at 4:30am to make it to BWI long before our flight, due to long lines and nasty, incompetent AirTran employees that didn't want to give us the time of day. After unsuccessfully trying to fly stand-by on the next flight, we decided to spend the day in Baltimore, and return to BWI that evening to give it one last shot. Went to an Orioles game, visited several bars in the Inner Harbor, and traveled back to BWI only to be denied once again. And oh yeah, did I mention that our luggage had already made it to Seattle? On the flight we were originally supposed to be on? Yeaaaaaaa. The silver lining? We got a full refund on our airline tickets and hotel. I have nothing else to say about this. I, we, were all thoroughly disgusted by the end of the day.

So instead of Seattle, I went camping in PA with Mark and Anthony. Dan and Amy met us there and we had a great time. It wasn't a "me weekend" like I had planned, but it was fun and I really am glad I got to go.

The moral of the story? Air travel SUCKS. I'm seriously starting to question whether or not it's worth it anymore.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I love that pic of you and Mark, Dina...such a cute couple!

Ann said...

Bummer...so you got me at first...I read your title and was thinking...this looks like a family camping trip...then I got to the punch line--although the camping looked like a lot of fun--it still is so disappointing to be excited about getting away only to find out that you are grounded...uggh...hope you are all able to reschedule an escape to the Northwest soon!

Megz said...

Holy cow! That totally sucks! (excuse my candor...but is there any other way to describe it?)

Can't believe your story. You and Mark have been screwed (again with the classy language) more times than anyone I know with air travel.
Sorry the Gods weren't--yet again--in your corner!

Not sure if you knew this, but I'm going to Seattle in late August...wanna meet me there???!!!

Dina said...

No kidding, Meg! Does a certain bout of Mufartlar's Revenge come to mind on one of those "screwy" trips?! HA!
Wish I could meet you in Seattle - we'd tear it up, no doubt...especially with your bro in tow!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! You are so creative and I loved seeing how much Anthony has grown. He is as cute as ever!
He's really bright and I bet he can say, "Bye Bye W"!
My favorite photo is the one where he and Mark are very seriously studying their maps! I love the way little boys mimmick their daddies! It's great!