Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pure & Utter Randomness

Because I don't feel like organizing my thoughts in the least...
  • I love the fall. I love everything about it, especially clear, crisp days like today where the skies are blue, the wind is blowing, and leaves of all different colors are whirling around like confetti being dropped from above.

  • $2.95/gallon for gas? What?! YES! (Ridiculous that that is so exciting...)

  • Can someone please tell me who sent the memo to Anthony that he turned 2? Seriously, where is the sweet, he-can-do-no-wrong baby I brought into this world a little over 2 years ago? That child turned 2 and did not miss one single beat. He is the epitome of a "Terrible Two" these days. More on that to come in a future blog post, I'm sure. For now, I'm too exhausted and have too many other things to do besides blog during naptime to expand with details...

  • Luigi Bosca 2005 Malbec from Argentina - kind of pricey (and by that I mean not under $10/bottle...it's more like $20), but holy shit, my friends, if you like red wine, you MUST give this a try.

  • I love my Obama sweatshirt.

  • For the first time since my knee "injury" (that's in quotes cause I really have no clue how I injured it) that came into existence right after our Maine trip in August, I was able to run, that's right, RUN(!), on the treadmill at the gym this morning. Didn't want to push it, but damn, it felt so good.

  • I need a new haircut. Actually, I need more of a new hairstyle. I just haven't been excited about my hair in a long time. Hmmmm.....

  • I need to stop buying Anthony those one-piece jammies with footies that zip up from the foot to the neck. That is, unless I want to continue doing daily loads of laundry because he unzips his jammies and takes his diaper off before falling asleep. Oh, and then proceeds to "water" his entire crib and everything in it throughout the night. Yep. As soon as I walked in the door this morning from the gym, Mark calls out, "Ahhhhh, Pookie? Come up here, we have a 'situation.'" A situation? Seriously, what would he have done if I hadn't come home? Is Mom really that indispensable? I think so.

  • I absolutely can't wait for November 4th.

  • I'm excited to go to Weight Watchers tonight. I had many-a-temptation this past week and made some really good choices in spite of it all. I am proud of myself and can't wait to see the number on the scale tonight.

  • Girlfriends rock.

  • Do you have songs that you secretly love? The kinds of songs that you turn up just a little louder when you're in the car...only, and I mean only, after making sure all of the windows are sealed shut? I do. And I thought about that at the gym this morning when they popped up on my playlist. "Return to Innocence" by Enigma and "Let Her Cry" by Hootie are the two that made me chuckle. "If only the 2 dudes running on either side of me knew what I was listening to right now..."

  • Life is complicated. Life is frustrating. Life forces you to examine who you are. And sometimes life makes you realize you're not the person you thought you were.

Ok, I think that's it for now...

4 comments:

Megz said...

I'm right there with you on the Terrible Two-dom.
It's as though someone came into Jonathan's room one night, many months ago, though...and whispered into his ear: "She's going to EXPECT you to be crazy during this phase of your life...so why don't you just really give it all ya got. Leave no figurine, stereo, receiver, laundry basket full of folded clothes, coin dish on counter, purse, etc. UNTURNED...and by all means, never walk when you can run like HELL.

On, and Dina? You really meant to share "Pookie" with blogoshere??? Ok, I guess it's ok...because I admit things like farting in Yoga.

Also--you don't need a new hairstyle. You have perfect, luxurious, enviable hair!

Sorry this was so freakin long.
But before I go?
My "if he/she knew what I was listening to" song at the gym is the Euro-dance-mix version of "Everytime" by Britney Spears.

Ann said...

loving the randomness...will for sure look for the wine...sounds yummy....hmmm a song I sercretly love...Mandy by Barry Manilow :-) I'm sure based on my cd collection I could probably come up with a lot more secret songs....we will leave it with Mandy for today!

Dina said...

Ann - I just have to tell you that I'm DYING over here! My siblings and I have this really wierd, creepy obsession with Barry, so your comment was hilarious to me. And let me tell you - you haven't heard funny until you've heard my bro's rendition of Mandy. HAHA!!! :)

Ann said...

OMG...I love Barry!! I have wonderful childhood memories of long car rides in our leisure van with Barry cranked and my sister and I singing along--so fun to hear another family has a similiar thing for Barry!