Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Goal

I have been intrigued by others' blogs for a long time. For what ever reason, I don't really need to know the author in order to become obsessed with what he/she has to say. Maybe it's the voyeur in me...or the psychologist. Maybe it's my natural tendency to be drawn to anything remotely resembling reality TV. Whatever the reason, I enjoy reading about others' lives and others' thoughts.

So, here I am starting a blog of my own. I have to admit though that this is my second attempt at doing this. Several years ago I started a blog, but soon after, began neglecting it. So what makes me want to start another one now, you may ask? The off-the-cuff answer would be, "I don't know." But the more I think about it, the more I come to realize that there are so many little things that happen on a daily basis that I think would be really special to document. And since becoming a mom, these "little" everyday things don't seem that little or insignificant anymore. Of course many of these "things" relate to Anthony, but not all of them. Also, I have always found it so much easier to express my feelings through writing. I hope to use this blog as a forum to do just that. So, with the encouragement of one of my friends and the motivation from reading others' blogs...

...here's to Attempt #2!

And with that, here is an example of one of those little moments that I want to remember forever. This was taken right after Anthony had finished a bowl of Cincinnati chili for dinner the other night. He was laughing and clapping because Mark and I were laughing at how he managed to get chili everywhere! In the words of my dear friend, Meg, it was so very PLG. :)


3 comments:

Megz said...

Yay to you having a blog!!!! Welcome to blogosphere--I certainly hope the second time's the charm for you! I plan on peppering your posts with comments, so hopefully that will help.
Look at little Anthony...killin me. And YES, so very PLG.
Very appropriate use of the now time-honored acronym.
I love your blog Dina, and love you EVEN MORE!
Now, how was that bachelorette party???

Ann said...

Dina--This is Meg's sister-in-law Ann....was excited to see your link on Meg's blog...as I to love to read other blogs...plus Meg and Brian speak so highly of you and Mark that I feel like I know you already :-) Good luck with the blog thing!

Dina said...

Yay, thanks ladies!