Friday, April 18, 2008

Move Over U2

This morning at about 7:45am, I had one of those moments when I thought to myself, "Everything in the world is just perfect right now."

Anthony and I started a Music Together class yesterday in my ongoing attempt to expose him to music as much as possible, hoping that he'll grow up to enjoy it as much as I do. So far, so good - the plan is working. He loves music and he loves dancing. So this morning I popped in the cd that they give you on the first day of "class" and Anthony kind of started bouncing up and down, i.e., dancing. So I decided to join him. I put down the coffee cup that I was in the middle of filling and began jumping around the kitchen like a lunatic, singing to the music, clapping, the whole nine yards. That's when Anthony decided to pull out a 9x13 and a serving spoon and create a one-man percussion section. Of course it wasn't as fun if Mommy wasn't doing it too, so he hooked me up with my very own "drum." So there we were, dancing, singing, and playing our drums - I had just gotten a shower so I was lookin' pretty rough and Anthony had snot running down his upper lip, but I thought to myself, "Life can't get any sweeter right now. This is perfect." What a fun way to spend 10 minutes of my day.

Here are some pics that I snapped while Budly was rockin' out:


And this was the aftermath from our jam session:


Good times, good times...

2 comments:

Megz said...

I love it! Go Anthony!
Dawn started that same class with Parker this week...must be a Northern VA thing.:)
We had that same scene in our kitchen this morning, minus the super-fly mommy routine. I was getting Benjamin ready for the MAC when I came in to find Jonathan buried in pizza and muffin pans...and a few wooden spoons. Hilarious.
He was probably just feelin your groove all the way over here!

Mom said...

What a beautiful way to record your feelings about motherhood...hope Little Guy will read them one of these days and know how much he is loved!

Love you as much...
Mom