Friday, November 7, 2008

Yes we did. Change has come.



I have always been proud to be an American.

However, never have I felt as proud as I do now since the moment the announcement was made on CNN that Barack Obama was to become the next president of the United States.

My thoughts and feelings surrounding the results of the election are so strong and so real. However, I feel that trying to articulate them in words would not do them justice. Whatever written description I could formulate, I strongly believe would pale in comparison to the intensity and depth of the significance the outcome of this election has on me, my country, and the world I live in. So I'm not going to try.

This afternoon, we went into D.C. to once again take part in history in the making. Avaaz.org erected a wall yesterday on the grounds between the Lincoln Memorial and the Reflecting Pool. A wall that serves as a means to voice opinions surrounding Obama's victory. As I left my message and read what others had written, I was once again overcome with emotion and pride. The experience and the meaning behind it all was so very powerful.


1 comment:

Megz said...

This post--and your pictures--have me teary all over again!

Love you, friend.
Change has come.

Ridiculously--I'm suddenly remebering a very inebriated Mark belting out "Times, They are a Changin" by Bob Dillan at the karaoke bar here in GR last winter.

Truer words never spoken.