Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere...

This morning started out just like every other morning does. I had just gotten home from the gym, was sipping my coffee and checking my email, Mark was eating breakfast, and Anthony was in the family room playing with his toys, Legos to be more specific.

Well it was obvious that Anthony was getting frustrated due to the audible grunts and whining coming from his direction. Apparently he wasn't able to get two of the Legos to connect. At this point though, I'm thinking, just like I usually do, that a little frustration is good and that if I give him time to try to figure out the problem and he succeeds, it'll just make him more determined and less frustrated the next time it happens. So as I'm watching and waiting and wondering when he'll break down and ask for help, this is what we hear:

"Dammit! Oh dammit!"

I immediately get his attention and say, "No, Anthony we don't say that. We say, 'Oh no!'"

To which he replies, "Oh sit! Oh sit." (And no, he wasn't telling Mama to sit down.)

Damn! Where does he pick this sh*t up???

So yes, in the interest of Mark and I's reputation, it's time for everybody, everywhere to clean up, clean up.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Too funny...dammit!

Megz said...

Ohhh....I love it.
And don't even TRY to tell me Mark wasn't smiling and/or stifling a giggle when it happened!

Girl, you KNOW I have to seriously work on my own filter around here. Which explains why Benjamin says "Holy shnykies" a lot...