Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Easing back into it...

Today's date: January 27th.

The date of my last post: December 9th.


Hmmmmmmmm.............

Yes, I realize it's been almost 2 months since my last post. No excuse, just haven't felt like blogging.

Life with a 2-year old monster, I mean, little boy, presents a plethora of blog-worthy tid-bits and I am somewhat mad at myself for not seizing the opportunities to blog about them as they occurred, you know, for posterity's sake.

Ah well, must move on.

So here's a tid-bit that occurred last night:

Anthony and I always do our grocery shopping on Mondays. Since I'm a normal mom, which means that bribery can be my best friend at times, I have instilled in my sweet, rambunctious toddler the idea that if he's good while we gather the week's groceries, he'll be rewarded with his pick of one item out of the bakery. It works like a charm. Anyway, so we do our shopping, he picks out his tiny heart-shaped cookie sprinkled with powdered sugar (which, why he picked that out of ALL of the awesome, huge, calorie-packed donuts sitting right next to it is beyond me, but I digress), we head to the check-out line, and then Anthony proceeds to exclaim, "Oh no, Mama! How 'bout we get Daddy a treat too?" (Does he know his daddy or what?!) He decides on a Take 5 bar.

Fast-forward to when Mark gets home. I whisper in Anthony's ear and ask him if he wants to give Daddy his treat. He got this HUGE smile on his face, ran to the get the chocolate, ran over to Mark and said (in this really excited, you're-never-going-to-believe-this voice), "Hey Daddy look! I bought you something! How 'bout we open it and I have a bite, otay?!" (Hmmmm, does he possibly get THAT from his Mama? I wonder...)

And just cause he's so darn cute and had so much fun playing in the snow today:


(Ok, Lauren - there you go. You can stop obsessively checking for a new post. The wait it over! *smile*)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Finally! My harassment paid off. Your readers miss you, Dina. You can't keep us waiting so long! :)
Cute story and even cuter little boy. His eyes & grin are just adorable.
I'll check back in March for your next entry. ;)

Mom said...

Wow! Loved the journaling today!!! Now, those were worth waiting for, I'd say! Thanks for posting them! What a cutie-patootie my liitle grand-guy is!!! But then again, with such good genes...!